But the 'story telling' approach doesn't just apply to your founder's article and brand statements. It should act as a blueprint for your personality, values, mission, content, tone of voice, digital, copywriting, brand messaging and everything in between.
The question we're addressing today how do you write a brand story? Why it's important and how you get there through a solid messaging strategy that pays tribute to your brand story.
The influence of a powerful brand story
The human brain is attuned to storytelling. Our sensory and motor cortex light up when listening, hearing or reading stories. Successful brands are tapping into this natural physiology.
- Brand stories evoke deeper emotion and connection
- Good marketing messages and copywriting ignite passion and inspiration in your audience (customers, investors & staff)
- They convey your business in a human light by putting faces and personalisation to your brand
- They create a sense of genuine authenticity
- Stories are more memorable and allow us to recall and share
- The right kind of stories are relatable
- A well executed brand story allows you to feel an experience and empathise/sympathise
People would rather invest in a human than in a company
~ Harvard Business Review
So naturally, it is a strategic move to clarify your brand and connect with your audience through storytelling.